There was an error while trying to create the NFS storage repository
Check your settings and try again.
Here’s one configuration that will work. I have yet to test the security implications of this but NFS never seemed very secure to me in the first place.
- In the Storage menu create a dataset that you’ll put your VHD files in for XenServer.
- Share type: UNIX
- Owner: nobody
- Group: wheel
- In the Sharing menu create an NFS share for that dataset.
- Check the “All Directories” box to allow XenServer to mount whatever subdirectories it wants
- Mapall User: nobody
- Mapall Group: wheel
- Leave permissions as defaults (755)
- Set allowed hostnames/IPs as appropriate
- Select your pool, hit New Storage
- Select NFS VHD
- Enter the IP address (hostname resolution seems flaky) of the FreeNAS server, followed by a colon and the path to the share.
- ex: 192.168.0.222:/mnt/tank/vhd_dump
- Create New SR
Additional notes: These steps were completed using XenCenter 220.127.116.110 x64. OpenXenManager is currently unable to complete these steps without crashing.