I finally decided to upgrade from 9.04. I did a fresh install using the alternate install CD.
I am pleased to report that almost everything works satisfactorily out of the box.
- Wireless, using Broadcom STA driver
- 0e:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)
- 0e:00.0 0280: 14e4:4315 (rev 01)
- Volume control (broken in 9.04)
- Headphones and speakers (broken in 9.04)
- Volume hotkeys
- Brightness controls
- Wireless switch (broken in 9.04)
What does not work:
Have not tested yet:
- Playback hotkeys
- Integrated webcam (not available on my particular model)