My roommate had this problem. He would authenticate and connect to the school’s network. When he opens the browser there is supposed to be a redirect portal page that asks for his campus ID and password. His computer was not displaying this page although people around him were accessing the network just fine.
- Try using a different browser; see if that works.
- Is it a certificate issue? Make sure your time and date are correct.
- Check the DNS settings for your wireless adapter if the initial page is not coming up at all.
- Control Panel>Network Connections and select the adapter you’re connecting over (wireless or LAN)
- Click Properties, then select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Click Properties
- Make sure DNS servers are set to Automatic